Sunday, July 29, 2012

Up & Running...Again!

Hello again!  I am very sorry to have been out of touch from my blog for a couple of weeks!  The truth is that I had a favorite teacher friend of mine visiting from Kansas and then we had a death in our family so I was traveling to be with our extended family in Arizona.

I returned from all that and got working on my classroom again at the end of last week.  I am happy to report that it is coming along, slowly, yet it is progressing.  Much of my time in my room has been spent cleaning out the previous occupants stuff, which is now in a pile on a group of desks as we speak.  BUT I did get my bookshelves draped with fabric to hide the contents from view, I have also unpacked all of my belongings and organized the stockpile of supplies I hoarded over the summer.  And in true teacher fashion, a fellow faculty member and I had a “laminating party” this past Friday and spent 2 hours cutting out the 110 feet of laminating I had!  Now I can finally begin hanging things on the walls and start of bulletin boards, etc.  I also had the privilege of attending a former faculty member’s “back-to-school 31 party luncheon” yesterday...and spent another ungodly amount of money on cutesy bags and totes!  haha!

With that said, now that I have officially kicked off the back-to-school season, I’d like to share with you my projects the last two days!!  Ooooh, and I think I feel a FREEBIE coming on!!!

First...I saw this on Pinterest and LOVED IT!  A new, “high-end” way of displaying class rules.  And with my red/white/black theme!


 C’mon!  It’s cute, right?!  A $1.67 8x10 frame from Wal-Mart and some ribbon.  I just used a hot glue gun to attach the ribbon to the back and have those adhesive hooks for the wall.  It’s super cute!  Here’s where I got the freebie printable class rules.... not mine, so I’ll def promote them.




Second...I was searching different behavior management systems teachers have in place that are out there and I came across Mel.D’s Seusstastic Classroom Inspirations.  Warm Fuzzies!  I love it!  So today, I’ve been obsessed with all things warm and fuzzy.  I took her idea that she had perfectly explained for her first grade class on her blog, and made it my own for 3rd graders!  I  made a PowerPoint to introduce this “Seusstastic” behavior incentive/reward system to my class during the first days of school.  I’m feeling giving today, and since I’m sure we’re all a bit stressed with the school year looming over us more and more as each day ends, here it is as a FREEBIE! I’ve uploaded it to Google Docs and I’m pretty sure my cute Doctor Seuss font will not transfer over.  If not, I have .png files of each slide that you can paste on to a PowerPoint slideshow so it will show up the way it’s intended.  Comment below if you want them.




As a part of the rewards, Mel D. uses classroom coupons as prizes.  Students can “cash in” their warm fuzzes for a coupon.  I made my own!  I call them “Good Choice Coupons” since all of the ways students can earn warm fuzzies all boil down to making a good choice vs. making a bad one. Again, I’m feelin’ it today so here they are.  You should be able to click on the image and print it.  If not, comment below.


 







NOTE:  I actually have the CLASS Apps job chart in my classroom that is pictured above.  If you want it, here is a link to order it from Amazon!  So cool and very 21st Century for our technology-centered learners!



No comments:

Post a Comment