Tuesday, July 31, 2012

A Little Each Day

I've been working on my room each day since returning from Arizona on Thursday.  I finally got my $16 couch completed and in my room (SO EXCITED)!  Remember this?



Well here it is completed in my reading area.  The reading center is not finished, but the couch is! I got that maroon suede slip cover...for $29!  The pillows are covered in a regular pillow case I got at Wal-Mart for $1.97 each.  Houndstooth nonetheless!  
Love. It.


Oh and notice my DIY No-Sew classroom curtains!!  Here's a close up...


I also FINALLY painted that free bookshelf I got from a neighbor.  It isn't in my room yet, but here it is...
It looks SO much better black.  


AND I was able to make the curtain and hang the fabric to cover my back bookshelves behind my desk, hang my DIY file folder pocket chart and wrap my desk!  My desk area is just about finished...I just need to organize and unpack everything to put inside my desk.  Right now it's all on top and in a tote.  I think it's looking good though...
There are the other set of those curtains!  My desk is wrapped in regular wrapping paper I found at Hobby Lobby, black with white small dots and large red dots.  It really makes it a whole lot more appealing than a yucky metal desk!


I apologize if some of the photos are blurry.  I used my iPhone.  Sometimes it's pretty good...and sometimes, not so much.

Tomorrow's goal is to cover my boards, hang my rules and clip chart.  ;)  I'll post more pictures of all that and how I organized my supplies, crates for journals and folders, how I upscaled my disgusting, old plastic laptop cart, etc.  Here's a preview of my labels...





2 comments:

  1. All of your projects and you classroom are looking great! I love the color combo. =)

    I am happy to be your newest follower. If you get the chance, I would love for you to hop over and visit me. =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Heather! I will check you out. I love all these teacher blogs and all the idea sharing. It's very refreshing!

    Leah

    ReplyDelete