Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Long Time No Blog!! Right?!

Oh. My. Goodness!! I have been so busy with...life...that I haven't been able to devote time to BLOG! Here it is a nutshell... My husband is currently deployed to Afghanistan. I have 2 small children, one just started kindergarten and the youngest is 8 months old. The oldest is in tackle football right now...practicing 4 days a week and games on Saturdays. (HOLY MOLY can I just tell you!) On top of all that, our state is unrolling a new evaluation system for teachers...TKES. It's a nightmare trying to meet all the documentation requirements and all the pre-assessment and post-assessment requirements Race to the Top as imposed. I feel like we've done nothing but assess our students for the last month! ("When do I get to TEACH?!" I say!) Webinars. Meetings on top of meetings. And meetings for EVERY. THING! Day by day we keep telling ourselves. Day. By. Day. I've also been SST-ing 3 of my students, started coaching my own grade-level team for our school's Technology Team, taken over for our lead faculty sponsor for Student Council while she's on maternity leave, AND I'm a sub for our after-school tutoring program!! Any way... so that's what's been happening. Everything basically. Ha! I love it all though, I promise. I'm insanely busy, but I'm productive and I really enjoy putting in all the time I am with our students. :) I'd like to make it up to you. So I'm sharing something new I just posted on TpT. I made it as a part of my unit on Ancient Greece. I have other stuff I'll be posting too...Notebook files, games, etc. PowerPoints. Activities. AND PROJECTS! My class just finished an awesome project as an alternative assessment for Social Studies. I'm also working on a project menu for the unit on heat. It's coming folks! Here's the link to my newbie on TpT...






Pre-K, Third - TeachersPayTeachers.com

No comments:

Post a Comment